ROBOTERRA’s curriculum is built upon the philosophy of project based learning. Learning by doing is the most effective way to learn to code and build a robot.
- Our curriculum consists of 9 stages where each stage consists of learning a minimum of 3 robots.
- In each stage makers will be building at least 3 robots to grasp knowledge concepts.
- Each project will take from 1 hour to 4 hours depending on the stage and complexity.
- English/Language Arts
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Earth and Space Sciences
- Engineering, Technology,
and Applications of Science
Thinking about problems
Thinking about problems
- Sensor & LED
- Servo & Timing
- If/Else, Switch/Case
- For/While Loops
Research and Design
- Set Build
- Set Objective
Creative Freedom for Objectives
- Custom Build
- Coding Freedom
It is all about the details
In each stage of our curriculum makers become increasingly proficient in coding C++ as well as concepts of building a robot.
Stage 0: The Fundamentals
Makers learn how to start interacting with our hardware and software. Becoming familiar with basic coding commas as well as how to use the hardware is key to establish a strong foundation.
Stage 1: Thinking about Problems
Makers start the process thinking about problems and learning how to solve them. Start interacting with some of robot parts and learning simple lines of code and building concepts. All of the projects in this stage are Closed ended which means
Stage 2: Meeting Constraints with Success
Start combining components with our kit to start working multi-purpose functional robots.
Stage 3: Research and Design
Now that you have the basics and have completed some complex robots now it is time to start connecting external knowledge to apply to projects
Stage 4: Creative Freedom for Objectives
Here is where makers imagination takes the experience to new heights. Makers are asked to work on projects where all of the previous stages of learning outcomes are applied to complete robots that can either be fun or have an impact on the world.
Stage 5 to 8: COMING SOON
We can’t wait for makers to get their hands on our more advanced curriculum which will accompanied by an additional add-on kit to complement the Origin Kit. Project will consists of makers building their own remote control robots and much much more.
Empowering our teachers
Teachers are the key to our future and with robotics, our STEM future. We provide over 10 hours of teacher training and more than 20 hours of additional content that teachers can use to extend the knowledge of the projects that makers are.
The Roboterrian’s Oath of Excellence
- I will dare to try something new.
- I will bring enthusiasm to robotics.
- I will learn to explore, and explore to learn.
- I will strive not for perfection, but for progress.
- I will meet my mistakes with resilience and grit.
- I will never underestimate the power of curiosity.
- I will never underestimate the power of persistence.
- I will respect the work of innovators who have come before me.
- I will respect others’ mistakes as progress toward a greater good.
- I will treat other robotics enthisiasts not as competitors, but as companions.
- Through hard work and determination, I will innovate for those who come after me.
- I wil promote the spread of robotics with my actions, with my attitude, and with my mind.